The Open Class Departments of the Garfield County Fair gives valley residents the opportunity to brag and say, "See what I can do!" Adults and children have the opportunity to enter exhibits in categories ranging from cake decorating to cut flowers, from home canning to wood carving. Exhibits are judged on their own merit by a professional judge and ribbons are awarded accordingly. First, second, and third place ribbons are awarded for each class if the articles deserve such merit. Premiums will be paid in each department as follows: grand champion - $10, best of fair - $6, first place - $3, second place - $2, third place - $1.
Open class entry regulations:
1. All area residents are eligible to exhibit at the Garfield County Fair.
2. Each department has individual rules regarding age of exhibitors.
3. All entries must be made by close of entry time. NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
4. Classes may be created or combined at the discretion of the superintendent or judges.
5. No article deemed unworthy shall be awarded a premium.
6. Any articles not picked up during official check-out hours shall forfeit all premiums.
7. Each exhibitor may make no more than five entries in each section of each department (Example: Exhibitor may enter a total of five entries into the classes in Section 2 Dahlias under Floriculture). Exhibitors may make two entries in each class (Example: Exhibitor may enter single blooms of Dahlia in Class 203), and may only receive two premiums in any individual class.
8. Samples shown must be variety named.
9. Best of Fair ribbons will be given at the discretion of the judge.
10. 4-H club members and other youth are encouraged to enter in open classes.
11. The Garfield County Fair and its agents are not responsible for THEFT of or DAMAGE to exhibits. 12. All main departments will have age divisions as follows: Some Departments, Sections and Classes may have special age categories.
Division - Description
1 Senior - 80 Years old & Over
2 Adult - 19 Years to 79 years of age
3 Youth - 18 Years & Under
13. Special Contests will have age divisions as stated in their individual rules.
14. Any exhibitor receiving more than $50 in premium money must fill out a W-9 form prior to receiving their premium money.
15. Exhibitors are encouraged to pre-enter by submitting their entry forms by postal service or email to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 29, 2013 to the Garfield County Extension Office. Forms may be mailed to:
Garfield County Fair Entries,
PO Box 1112 Rifle CO 81650.
Entry tags will be available at the Extension Office after July 1st, for those exhibitors who would like to fill their tags out prior to the Fair. Exhibits will be able to be dropped off in Glenwood Springs. Please watch the newspaper or the Garfield County Fair web-site on how and when.
AA. FLORAL ARRANGEMENTS
B. NOXIOUS WEED DISPLAY
C. FIELD CROPS
G. FINE ARTS
H. FOOD PRESERVATION
I. BAKED GOODS
J. SPECIAL CONTESTS
Garfield County Fairgrounds