The Open Class Departments of the Garfield County Fair gives valley residents the opportunity to brag and say, “See what I can do!”
Adults and children have the opportunity to enter exhibits in categories ranging from cake decorating to cut flowers, from home canning to wood carving.
Exhibits are judged on their own merit by a professional judge and ribbons are awarded accordingly.
First, second, and third place ribbons are awarded for each class if the articles deserve such merit.
Premiums are paid in each department.
Grand Champion - $10
Best of Fair - $6
First Place - $3
Second Place - $2
Third Place - $1
Superintendent of Open Class
Mary Jane Hangs
970-945-1377, extension 4002.
Open class entry regulations:
1. All residents of Garfield and adjoining counties are invited to exhibit at the Garfield County Fair.
2. Each department has individual rules regarding age of exhibitors.All entries must be made by close of entry time. No late entries will be accepted.
3. Classes may be created or combined at the discretion of the superintendent or judges.
4. Any articles not picked up during official check-out hours shall forfeit all premiums.
5. Each exhibitor may make no more than five entries in each section of each department (Example: Exhibitor may enter a total of five entries into the classes in Section 2 Dahlias under Floriculture).
6. Exhibitors may make two entries in each class (Example: Exhibitor may enter two single blooms of Dahlia in Class 203), and may only receive two premiums in any individual class.
7. Entries must be variety named.
8. Best of Fair ribbons will be given at the discretion of the judge.
9. 4-H club members and other youth are encouraged to enter in open classes. All 4-H ribbons must be removed before entering in Open Classes.
10. The Garfield County Fair and its agents are not responsible for theft of or damage to exhibits.
11.All main departments will have age divisions as follows.
Division - Description
1 Senior - 80 Years & Over
2 Adult - 19 to 79 years of age
3 Youth - 18 Years & Under
13. Some Departments, Sections and Classes may have special age categories
14. Special contests will have age divisions as stated in their individual rules.
15. Exhibitors are encouraged to pre-enter by submitting their entry forms by postal service or email by August 1, 2014. Email to email@example.com or mail to Garfield County Fair, 108 8th Street, Suite 201, Glenwood Springs, CO 81601.16. First, second, and third place ribbons will be awarded in each class at the discretion of the judge.
17. A best of fair ribbon may be awarded per department section at the discretion of the judge.
18. A grand champion ribbon may be awarded in a department at the discretion of the judge.
19. All articles must be entered in the name of the maker.
20. No article previously shown is eligible to be shown again.
21. If more than three of a kind not previously listed are entered, a new class can be formed at the discretion of the department superintendent.